WANTED: Delegates for tekom Europe
Are you passionate about being a technical writer?
Can you imagine taking an active role in the development of your profession within your country and also on a European level?
Do you enjoy working in an international team?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, becoming a delegate in Europe’s largest association for Technical Communication could be the perfect next step in your career.
What are your benefits?
- Meeting and working together with great people from at least 13 different countries
- Access to a large network of TC professionals from across Europe
- Being present where decisions are made shaping the future of technical communication and influencing them yourself
- The chance to travel to changing locations in Europe (funded by the association)
- Working as a volunteer in a professional association will give your C.V an edge.
What is your role as a Delegate?
- Be the first point of contact for any tekom members in your country, together with the initiative committee of your country organization
- Represent your country in the assembly of delegates, the highest-decision making body within tekom Europe
- Put topics on the agenda that you find important for the development of the profession
- Exchange information and best-practices with delegates from other country organizations
What is expected of you?
- You must be a member of tekom Europe
- You should be willing to commit to a full term of office, which is three years (from January 2020 to December 2022)
Convinced? Then please check your inbox. As a member, you should have received an email in October with more detailed information on the process and a personalized link through which you can access our online tool for application as a candidate. Then, simply fill out the candidate form and submit it.
Deadline for your application as candidate is: Wednesday, October 30, 2019!