Proceedings Vol. 6
Birgitta Meex & Sissi Closs
The sixth European Academic Colloquium (EAC) took place on April 26-27 at the University of Limerick in Ireland. For the third time, the Colloquium was integrated into the Erasmus+ project TecCOMFrame.
Volume 6 – Proceedings of the European Academic Colloquium on Technical Communication 2017:
The “Proceedings of the European Academic Colloquium on Technical Communication” are a European scientific journal for technical communication. They are released every year and published on the internet and as print on demand.They include project reports, educational articles, empirical results of research, and scientific discussions on all topics related to technical communication.
With this year’s focus topic, 21st Century Skills for Technical Communicators, the purpose of the conference was to provide a forum for an international audience to discuss the dynamic and fastchanging challenges and potentials of the technical communication discipline. This volume contains eight expert contributions.
- Rachael Hewetson: Adapting to the Future of Technical Communication
- Kirk St. Amant: Cognitive Design Skills: Creating Materials to Meet the Needs of 21st Century Audiences
- Sissi Closs and Jan Engberg: Flexible Information Models Based on Knowledge Frames and Topic-Based Structuring
- Christiane Zehrer: Knowledge-Based Product Development and the Project Compass
- Parthena Charalampidou: Mediating between Cultures in Multisemiotic Persuasive Texts: Key Competences for Website Localizers and Technical Communicators
- Gianni Angelini: Current Practices in Web API Documentation
- Margaret Grene: Measuring the Effectiveness of Using Plain English in Health Communication
- Elaine Walsh: How the Skills of the 21st Century Technical Communicator are Valuable When Designing Assessment Briefs in Higher Education
Proceedings of the European Academic Colloquium on Technical Communication 2018
17 x 24 cm, 118 pages, 2018
ISBN 978-3-944449-93-7 (softcover)
ISBN 978-3-944449-94-4 (ebook PDF)
Buy this Publication
- softcover: 37.50 EUR (for tekom members: 25.00 EUR)
- ebook PDF: 22.50 EUR (for tekom members: 15.00 EUR)
- bundle offer: When you purchase the softcover version, you receive the ebook PDF at half Price.
All prices include VAT. Shipping and handling is additional.
Please confirm the license conditions when ordering a PDF version of an ebook.