Proceedings Vol. 5
Birgitta Meex & Sissi Closs
The fifth European Academic Colloquium (EAC) on Technical Communication took place in Antwerp, Belgium on 28 April 2017. This annual conference organized by tekom Europe is targeted at members of the European academic community who teach and carry out research in the area of Technical Communication and related fields.
Volume 5 – Proceedings of the European Academic Colloquium on Technical Communication 2017:
They publish project reports, educational articles, empirical results of research, and scientific discussions on all the topics related to technical communication.
A specific topic of interest this year was Content Strategy. This volume contains five expert contributions, covering a topic
range from content analysis and content models through user-centered design and accessibility of content to Translation strategies for scientific and technical texts.
The reader will discover that both common challenges and creative Solutions emerge from very diverse settings.
- Marie Girard: The Nature of Content:an Organic Approach to Content Strategy
- Kirk St. Amant: Scripting the Context of Content Strategy: A Script-Theory Approach to User-Centered Design in Content Strategy
- Laura Gonzales and Sonia Vandepitte: Connecting Technical Communication and Translation Courses: A Path to Successful Content Strategy
- Caiwen Wang: Translation Strategies for Cultural Contents of Scientific and Technical Texts
- Izabela Mrochen: To See or Not to See, to Hear or Not to Hear – Accessibility and Usability in Localization
Proceedings of the European Academic Colloquium on Technical Communication 2017
17 x 24 cm, 94 pages, 2017
ISBN 978-3-944449-72-2 (softcover)
ISBN 978-3-944449-58-6 (ebook PDF)
Buy this Publication
- softcover: 37.50 EUR (for tekom members: 25.00 EUR)
- ebook PDF: 22.50 EUR (for tekom members: 15.00 EUR)
- bundle offer: When you purchase the softcover version, you receive the ebook PDF at half Price.
All prices include VAT. Shipping and handling is additional.
Please confirm the license conditions when ordering a PDF version of an ebook.