May 9, 2017
tekom Bulgaria 2017 Roadshow: Vratsa
Technical writing is still a relatively new profession in Bulgaria and the number of open positions in small and large companies outgrows the number of people seeking a career in technical communication. Suitable talent simply isn’t aware this career exists. tekom Bulgaria has taken on the mission to promote the profession of Technical Communicators and attract potential documentation masters. To achieve that, we started the Roadshow project.
The Roadshow is a strategic initiative of 4-hour workshops, which aims at reaching out to students, young professionals, academia reps, and the like across Bulgaria, and raise their awareness of the profession. Sofia, being the capital of Bulgaria, and the center of the IT industry, has already reached a level of job market maturity. However, little is known about technical communication in other Bulgarian cities with strong IT communities.
The second Roadshow took place in Vratsa, a mountain town in the North-West part of Bulgaria with 60,000 residents. Our partners are the local Vratsa Software community whose three co-founders got into Forbes 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs for 2016. The local Vratsa Television also attended part of the event. The interview with the presenter in Bulgarian is available here.
WHEN April 28, 2017
WHERE Vratsa Software, a co-working space used by the co-founders to conduct free IT courses.
WHO High-school and university students, professionals at different stages in their careers.
Introduction and general presentation:
- What Is It to Be a Technical Writer?
- Why user assistance documentation is important?
- What are the profiles of Tech Writers in Bulgaria?
- What skills are needed to practice the profession?
Presentation on minimalistic writing:
- What is minimalistic and topic-based writing?
- What are the general approaches to make technical documentation minimalistic?
- What is user perspective?
Workshop and discussions:
- What does a day in the life of the Technical Communicator look like?
- How to prepare a cup of coffee?
- How to wash the dishes?
- How to apply the user perspective in a smartphone feature list?
- How to write in a topic-based manner?
PRESENTERS Desislava Mihaylova
PARTNERS Vratsa Software, Bulgarian Association of Information Technologies
FACEBOOK EVENT @ https://www.facebook.com/events/266122737165985/.
For more information on tekom Bulgaria click here.
The next event in association with tekom Europe is Evolution of TC in Sofia June 1-2, 2017.