Seize career opportunities
Exciting vacancies in abundance - time to browse?
User Assistance Developer (f/m/d) for Landscape Portal Service of SAP BTP ABAP Environment
SAP SE, Walldorf
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you’ll do
SAP BTP ABAP Environment, aka Steampunk, is the SAP Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering for ABAP Cloud development that enables developers to leverage their traditional on-premises ABAP know-how to develop and run ABAP Cloud applications on the SAP Business Technology Platform, either as an extension to SAP software or as standalone applications. Steampunk is built on and leverages the latest cloud technologies like Kubernetes.
Within the ABAP Platform, we have our Landscape Portal service to provide tools for partners to develop, build, deliver, update, and configure their solutions, and offer customers the possibility to consume partner extensions in their systems.
The documentation of our technologies and services is an integral part of our software. We are hiring a user assistance developer for our technology teams. You will work closely with the Landscape Portal development team members to provide excellent English documentation for our software and to give our users the best possible experience. Within the team, you work on multiple diverse topics where you get the chance to look at our products and applications from various angles.
We are looking for a quality-conscious user assistance developer (f/m/d) who enjoys technical writing and wants to help us drive the adoption of our innovations in the area of the ABAP Platform. You will:
- Create user assistance (UA) deliverables that enable users to deploy, administer, and use SAP software and coordinate the creation of these UA deliverables. UA deliverables include but are not limited to, terminology, UI texts, guides, multimedia, context-sensitive help, and tutorials.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal stakeholders, such as subject-matter experts, user experience (UX), development, and product support.
- Ensure UI texts are clear and translatable and support the user's tasks.
- Act as an advocate for an excellent user experience.
- Ensure that the user assistance (UA) deliverables are high quality, adhere to standards and guidelines, and are written in the appropriate style and tone for software developers.
- Give, receive, and implement feedback on UA deliverables.
- Apply all relevant SAP standards and guidelines for the given product/area and ensure UA deliverables are aligned with them and the content architecture.
- Prepare content for delivery, including metadata provision, following the standard production process.
- Work with our content management system IXIASOFT/DITA CMS.
Developing software at SAP is a team effort. We will facilitate and support your learning. During your first 12 months, we offer training courses geared to learning our technologies, a buddy program, and exchanges with experienced colleagues.
If you want to apply your technical and language skills to make a difference to developers and SAP customers worldwide, send us your application!
What you bring
- Sound technical background with a university degree in technical communication or a related subject, such as languages, translation, or media and communication studies.
- The ability to express complex technical information in a clear and precise manner
- Outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to acquire extensive product knowledge and learn new skills at short notice
- Experience in writing task-orientated content is a plus
- You speak fluent German and English
Meet your team
Our team works on the Landscape Portal. It provides tools for partners to develop, build, deliver, update, and configure their solutions and to offer customers the possibility to consume partner extensions in their systems.We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.