Seize career opportunities
Exciting vacancies in abundance - time to browse?
Webasto Thermo & Comfort Benelux B.V. , Kampen
For the Technical Documentation department we are looking for a full-time:
Technical Writer - German and / or English (m/f) (ST4 experience preferred)
Webasto Thermo & Comfort Benelux B.V. is based in Kampen (NL) and a 100% subsidiary of Webasto SE in Germany. Webasto is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and After Market supplier (AM) and stands for innovative, economical and environmentally conscious heating, cooling and ventilation systems for cars, motorhomes and boats. Webasto Thermo & Comfort Benelux B.V. is also active in the development and production of marine / special roofs. Our success is based on our high quality standards, extensive product range and worldwide network of dealers. Webasto has been a technology leader for over a century and is among the top 100 automotive suppliers worldwide.
You will be writing and editing technical documentation such as installation instructions, operation instructions, service manuals and spare parts lists. Peer-reviews are also part of your regular duties. Depending on the product, you will be working in German or English. Consistency, focus on the user perspective and some graphic experience are important. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management departments in Germany, Italy and the Netherlands. You are a key discussion and advice partner. Webasto works with Schema ST 4 (CCMS) component content management system.
For this challenging and versatile position, Webasto is looking for a technical writer who is willing and able to help take our department forward. Webasto is looking for a colleague who is up-to-date with current documentation procedures and who has well-developed social and communication skills. You are accurate and used to working systematically. You have a result-oriented, proactive attitude and you enjoy taking responsibility. You will be reporting to the Technical Documentation Team Leader.
Continuous learning and the transfer of knowledge and experience are crucial to the Webasto success. You therefore have no objection to occasional work visits abroad.
Your education and experience
- Experience in writing technical documentation is a must;
- Proficiency in English is a must (internal correspondence/meetings);
- Experience with Schema ST4 is a distinct advantage
- Proficiency in German is an advantage;
- Experience in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering is an advantage;
- Experience in a technically oriented position is an advantage;
- Higher vocational education working and thinking level is important;
- Proficiency in Dutch is a bonus;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is an advantage;
- Experience with single-sourcing applications such as MadCap Flare or Author-It is an advantage;
- Control of Adobe software, InDesign, Framemaker, Illustrator; Photoshop is an advantage;
- Experience in the use of 3D software, SAP, Visual Enterprise Author or 3D-Via is an advantage;
Webasto an independent and challenging position within a healthy and innovative company. You are part of a team of well-trained professionals who want to work hard in an informal culture with short lines of communication. There is also the possibility of following courses to promote personal and professional development.
- Employment: 40 hours per week (32 hours optional)
- Salary: € 3,500.00 to € 4,000.00 / month based on a 40-hour working week.
- Remote working will be considered
An attractive package of employment conditions completes the offer. Webasto uses the FOCWA Collective Labour Agreement in the Metal & Technology sector, but applies a remuneration scheme that exceeds the Collective Labour Agreement levels and has a pension scheme with an attractive contribution scheme which is 2/3 employer based and 1/3 employee based. A so-called WIA insurance at Webasto cost is also part of the package. We further offer a collective health insurance scheme with a monthly employer contribution, a bicycle plan and a profit sharing scheme.
Do you have the Drive?
Technological innovation requires committed and competent "doers" with a feel for the automotive and marine world. Do you recognize yourself in this? Respond now and send your application including your resume to the Technical Documentation Team Leader. An assessment may be part of the application process.
For more information, phone the Technical Documentation Team Leader or email email@example.com