June 1, 2016
Sustainability and API documentation
On Friday, June 16, 2017, join us at the University „Politehnica” of Bucharest for our conference with expert presentations on "Technical Communication and Corporate Sustainability" and "Development of IT applications: API documentation".
- Date: June 16, 2017, 14:00
- Location: Senate Hall, University „Politehnica” of Bucharest, Splaiul Independentei # 313, Bucharest, sector 6
- Technical Communication and Corporate Sustainability (Prof. Annely Rothkegel, PhD)
Abstract: “We are committed to sustainability” – what does it really mean when the slogan is communicated by enterprises? The situation of Technical Communication has changed since 1997, starting with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI, www.globalreporting.org), supported by the UN. Both production and consumption of technical products are to be seen in the perspective of integrating economical, ecological and social conditions. This talk will discuss some of the implications in terms of an “educational project” that is necessary for establishing a “sustainable culture” in the area of Technical Communication.
This presentation will be delivered in English.
- Development of IT applications: API documentation (Senior lecturer Eng. Cornelia Melenti, PhD)
Abstract: This presentation will deal with types of documents, with regard to context and background, with a focus on two-sided documents, service provider and beneficiary (Vision, UseCase, requirements and restrictions, examples for Vision and UseCase) and a short presentation of the documentation for the developers (system architecture, data flow diagrams, state transition diagrams, design and ergonomy of applications and documentation).
This presentation will be delivered in Romanian.
About the speakers
- Prof. Annely Rothkegel, PhD, Visiting Professor (Herder Foundation / DAAD, Germany) at University Politehnica of Bucharest, Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages (FILS):
Teaching and research topics: technical communication, text analysis and text production, concepts of sustainability in interdisciplinary work and communication.
- Senior lecturer Eng. Cornelia Melenti, PhD, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca:
Teaching and research topics: computer graphics (2D and 3D), multimedia technologies, desktop publishing, image processing, API documentation.
Sign up for the event here by Wednesday, June 14, 2017.