tekom Romania is one of the country organizations within tekom Europe, the largest professional association for technical communication worldwide.
Our Target Group
tekom Romania is addressed to all persons active in the field of technical communication or in other areas of information development and information management in Romania. These include, for instance, technical writers,technical illustrators or technical translators, product or marketing managers.
What do we offer?
We offer a platform for the exchange of information and experience, and promote the training and advanced qualification and further professionalization of our members. We organize several events / conferences each year with expert presentations, workshop sessions and discussion rounds about various topics in the broad field of technical communication.
Head of the Initiative Committee
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Voichita A. Ghenghea
- founding member of tekom Romania and tekom Europe
- spokesperson of the tekom Romania initiative committee
- MA in German and English Studies at the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures committee
- MA in Public Relations at the State University of Political and Administrative Studies(SNSPA), College of Communication & PR, Bucharest;
- PhD in Applied Linguistics at the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures.
- Fulbright and DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) alumna
- More than 30 years in adult education and long experience as an „authorized translater“
- Since 1986 Assistant Lecturer, Assistant Professor and Associate Professor at the Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages (FILS), University"Politehnica" of Bucharest.
Domain of expertise: German for Science & Technology, Technical Communication, Professional Communication and Public Relations.
Research Domains: Languages for Specific Purposes, Reading Comprehension, Technical Documentation etc.
Affiliation: Founding member and chairperson of GfdS (German Association for the German Language), Member of GAL (German Applied Linguistics Association), Founding member of the Romanian U.S. Alumni Association etc.
Members of the Initiative Committee
Prof. Dr. Voichita A. Ghenghea