Benefits of a Membership for Students
Please attach your enrollment certification to your membership application. Once a year in November your enrollment certification must be submitted.
- Free Membership for full-time students and trainees.
- Reduced conference fees as well as special offers for conferences and for the tekom exhibition.
- Reduced prices for publications.
- Free access to all professional articles (in German and English) and information on the tekom WebPortal (www.tekom.de/en), which can be very helpful for theses and course assignments.
- Free subscription to the professional journal 'technische kommunikation' (in German) or 'tcworld' magazine (in English).
- Access to tekom Country Group events, such as lectures, round-table and networking events.
- Access to the tekom WebForum (available in German only).
- A tekom membership is proof of professionalism and of your affiliation with a dynamic profession. A tekom membership ensures a person’s professional edge.
- tekom represents the professional and political interests of all those concerned with technical communication. Key words are: Definition of the profession, coordination of courses of study, promoting the profession, certifications of training institutes, information on services offered by member companies.
- We offer training and advanced training, e.g. through conferences and seminars, through lectures in the scope of Country Groups and through the exchange with colleagues as well as through the magazines 'technische kommunikation' (in German) and 'tcworld' (in English).
- Experts of tekom are involved in the definition of standards and guidelines, in the development of criteria for excellent documentation, in testing documentation, and informing the media.
- tekom is the main contact for the general public and politicians, and represents the interests of its members in different trade associations.
- tekom enables the exchange of experiences of college/university lecturers, private training and advanced training institutes, and freelancers and business leaders.