May 29, 2017
tekom Bulgaria Roadshow 2017: Veliko Tarnovo
Technical writing is still a relatively new profession in Bulgaria and the number of open positions in small and large companies outgrows the number of people seeking a career in technical communication. Suitable talent simply isn’t aware this career exists. tekom Bulgaria has taken on the mission to promote the profession of Technical Communicators and attract potential documentation masters. To achieve that, we started the Roadshow project.
The Roadshow is a strategic initiative of 4-hour workshops, which aims at reaching out to students, young professionals, academia reps, and the like across Bulgaria, and raise their awareness of the profession. Sofia, being the capital of Bulgaria, and the center of the IT industry, has already reached a level of job market maturity. However, little is known about technical communication in other Bulgarian cities with strong IT communities.
The third Roadshow took place in Veliko Tarnovo, the so-called Old Capital of Bulgaria - a mountain town in the central part of Bulgaria with over 70,000 residents. It hosts one of the leading universities in the country with an overall number of students reaching over 14,000. Our partners are the local Veliko Tarnovo Developers’ Club community, a mature community of developers and entrepreneurs, and university lecturers.
WHEN May 27, 2017
WHERE PolygonTeam ltd., a co-working space known among the young people and the local IT community members.
WHO University students & lecturers, entrepreneurs & developers, people looking for a new career path & for improving the existing documentation of their products and services.
Introduction and general presentation:
- What Is It to Be a Technical Writer?
- Why user assistance documentation is important?
- What are the profiles of Tech Writers in Bulgaria?
- What skills are needed to practice the profession?
Presentation on minimalistic writing:
- What is minimalistic and topic-based writing?
- What are the general approaches to make technical documentation minimalistic?
- What is user perspective?
Workshop and discussions:
- What does a day in the life of the Technical Communicator look like?
- How to prepare a cup of coffee?
- How to wash the dishes?
- How to apply the user perspective in a smartphone feature list?
- How to write in a topic-based manner?
PRESENTERS Iva Koevska & Desislava Mihaylova
PARTNERS PolygonTeam ltd. & Veliko Tarnovo Developers’ Club
FACEBOOK EVENT @ https://www.facebook.com/events/1308593842588286/.